Academy Oversight Committee
The IET Board have delegated powers to the AOCs specifically around the Ofsted judgements of Behaviour and Attitudes and Personal Development.
Key roles and responsibilities of the AOC include:
- Upholding the Trust vision and values
- Implementation of actions required to comply with statutory regulations and documentation
- Implementation and monitoring of local policies.
- Supporting and challenging the leadership of the academy on quality of care and quality of provision.
- Provide internal assurance and, to develop the local community and employer links.
- Undertake the role of ‘critical friend’ to:
- offer support, constructive advice, a sounding board for ideas, a second opinion on proposals and help where needed;
- challenge, ask questions, request information, improve proposals and seek to arrive at the best solution;
- give an honest opinion and well-tempered advice, even if it might not be what is expected;
- act as an advocate promoting the interests of the academies, and students to the community.
- monitor the implementation and impact of the decisions it has made.
Please click on the Governor's names to find out a little more about them.
Sean Woolley - Principal Epworth Primary Academy
Scott Barlow - Principal South Axholme Academy
Stuart Wilks - Chair
Board members attend regular meetings to consider the work of the school in greater detail and to consider reports from school staff. Parents are informed of any vacancies and nominations are invited.
The Trust holds a Register of Business Interests for senior staff, governors, trustees and members and is obliged to declare the interests of trustees and members on the website.
Relevant Business Interests, Governance Arrangements, Accounts and Key Documents for Epworth Primary Academy AOC can be found here.